GPL Track Creating - 67season.ini/gp.ini
Authored by Ed Solheim
name=All Tracks In Alphabetical Order
name=South African Grand Prix
shortname=South African GP
- All Tracks In Alphabetical Order' for 67season.ini
- GP for GP.ini
year=???? - The year entered here will be used in the date on the newspaper you see after completing a race.
numEvents=?? - Should match the number of events listed in your file, and the number of tracks you have installed in GPL.
[Event1] = The number of the event in your list. Should two events have been given the same number, GPL will only read/display the last one listed.
name =South African Grand Prix. This is what will be displayed in the context of the newspaper you see after a race.
shortname =South African GP. This is what will be used in the HEADLINE of the newspaper after a race.
trackDirectory =kyalami Correct name of the track-directory.
month =1 Month of event. Used as month in the newspaper.
day =2 Date of event. Used to determine date for the newspaper.
numberOfLaps =45 Number of laps for a GP-length race at the track. The maximum number of laps that are timed by GPL is 128. This number is also used for calculating the number of laps for other event-types:
- Novice race-length = 8% of GP-distance.
- Int./Pro-short = 15% of GP-distance.
- Int./Pro-long = 30% of GP-distance.
This setting determines how the grid is *displayed* on the race-information screen, as well as how it will look like in exported html-files.
There are 11 different ways to display this:
- startingGrid=0 = 1x1 layout. (you'll only be able to see the first 10 in GPL)
- startingGrid=1 = 2x2 layout - polesitter on the left-side.
- startingGrid=2 = 2x2 layout - polesitter on the right.
- startingGrid=3 = 2x2 *STAGGERED* layout - polesitter on the left.
- startingGrid=4 = 2x2 *STAGGERED* layout - polesitter on the right.
- startingGrid=5 = 3x2 layout - polesitter on the left.
- startingGrid=6 = 3x2 layout - polesitter on the right.
- startingGrid=7 = 3x3 layout - polesitter on the left.
- startingGrid=8 = 3x3 layout - polesitter on the right.
- startingGrid=9 = 4x3 layout - polesitter on the left.
- startingGrid=10 = 4x3 layout - polesitter on the right.
Transferred to the wiki: 20.04.2009